Friday, March 30, 2007

TAF 2007: TAF Attendance Figures Announced

Anime! Anime! has announced the final attendance numbers for the Tokyo International Anime Fair (TAF), which took place from March 22nd through the 25th at the Tokyo Big Sight Convention Center.

The total number of people who attended TAF is 107,713 people, up 8.8% from last year. 942 of the people at TAF came from overseas, most of whom were also in attendance on the event's two designated "business days." Although the number of Japanese companies attending the festival far exceeded the numbers of foreign companies in attendance, the increase in foreign attendance underscores the continued growth of the international Anime market.

Next year's TAF has been scheduled for March 27th through March 30th. The event will again be held at Tokyo Big Sight, which is also the site of some of the largest comic conventions in Japan.

7 comments:

Professor Howdy said...

.

Dear Friend,

After much thought, I have decided
to leave 'Thought & Humor'.

The reasons are many but they all boil
down to this: Nobody writes me anymore
so it must mean that they don't like me
or my college jokes, riddles, cartoons
or funny pictures:O(

I was hoping people would contact me
by posting a kind message in the
"comments" on my blog but few have.

Goodbye, Auf Wiedersehen, Au Revoir, AdiĆ³s
Howdy

P.S. All of you liberals can now be happy
because I am giving up. You have finally
won after 10 years of publishing...

P.P.S. The sad song playing on my blog
really fits my mood! You know I think
that I might have possibly visited your
site awhile back. Do you remember
or am I wrong?

j4ur14 said...

T'would be nice seeing some images in your posts.

Well then. Smell ya later.

Jules said...

i love this blog. u have no idea how much i love anime. :)

Homosexual Christmas tin soldier said...

I change colour
I'm not faithless
Like science
It's a secret
Lost children
Slow dancing
Taking chances just the same

Monika said...

Hey. your blog is very interesting! can we link our blogs? please write back in my blog "everyday glamour" ( theres a shoutbox)
This would be nice!

rewobeirrac said...

Manga!!! BLAH!! But all of my friends love it...
Check out the Norwegian metal band Griffin
www.myspace.com/griffinusa
They're awesome!!

Dolf said...

Yah ok, but, www.kasdolf.blogspot.com also deals with this. eheh